1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloudFlare Cache Flush 2014-01-26

Flush Avatar files from the CloudFlare cache when they are changed.

1. Mick West

Mick West Well-Known Member

Mick West submitted a new resource:

CloudFlare Cache Flush - Flush Avatar files from the CloudFlare cache when they are changed.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. kleezy

kleezy Member

1. What exactly doe this Add-on do? How does it work?
    Just re-read the first line of the description: When a user changes their avatar image, this add-on will request CloudFlare purge the image from their cache.

2. Why not use the aggressive setting on cloudflare to take full advantage of the timestamp string?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  3. Mick West

1) It uses the cloudflare API to flush the cloudflare cache for the user's avatar images when the avatar changes.

2) Because aggressive caching does not appear to work consistently for for me. [Update: it does now]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. Mick West

Looked into this a bit more, as it seems like "aggressive" really should work fine. I've been going between "aggressive" and "simplified" and I'm not really seeing a difference. So I'm no longer sure if this is a useful add-on for me. I'm going to experiment further.

[Update: using aggressive caching seems to work fine, so I'm not actually using this add-on. I'll leave it in case it's useful to someone]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014