(CLOSED) WTF.com - Rants, News, Off-Topic, Humor

Excellent description of the scope of issues with likes, Onimua.

You are exactly right, I don't think likes is worth the resources in that regard. There are other priorities that would be much more useful such as the latest comments display. If someone comments on a confession on page 2, you'll never know about it. ;)

I'd also love to see latest confessions and comments appear in the news feed (however, that could also be difficult because of the anonymous functionality of course).

If someone comments on a confession on page 2, you'll never know about it. ;)
Although I'm not a fan of it, have you considered reversing the order?

That way at least the latest comment will always appear on the first page just below the entry.

Not a fan of the script/layout, or the uncensored content within? ;)

But yes, that's a possibility as well. Sort of forum-like, and you can still view latest/new confessions by the link/sorting above. I could consider that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I meant not a fan of reverse order comments on blogs :D
The BBC do it and it winds me up as I like to read from the 1st comment onwards.

I haven't actually seen the feature that's being discussed.

Yes, it was indeed designed from the start to be twitter-like in it's operation. You can also submit confessions directly from the index, as well as submit ajax-updated comments right under an actual confession so that you don't have to jump anywhere.

There are a few hidden features from guests as well, such as rules (appears under stats), checkbox for anonymous or not, tags input.. There is also the ability to edit confessions, editing tags, automatic submission to the moderator queue so staff members can approve them, and the ability for an anonymous confessor to remain anonymous to reply to follow-up comments someone makes to the confession.

Great website Alien! I'm lurking it in the last 2 weeks :-)

"Confessional" addon was released or it's a private addon of wtf.com?

Great website Alien! I'm lurking it in the last 2 weeks :)

"Confessional" add-on was released or it's a private add-on of wtf.com?

Thank you for your kind comments, kintaro81!

That add-on was custom-made by Onimua from the ground up. It is not a public script at this time.

It's a very nice looking site.
My eyes just love it, and admittedly I am ultra picky.

wtf.com - brings up that little message. Shouldn't it display directly to the Home Tab now ? (ie. XenPorta) ?

I must say, that site has the most inviting look I have seen in a forum in a long time. So many look the same these days. I love the info blocks under the footer. Is that a mod or custom coded?

I must say, that site has the most inviting look I have seen in a forum in a long time. So many look the same these days. I love the info blocks under the footer. Is that a mod or custom coded?

The *majority* of it is hard coded, but I'm hoping to change some of that once we update to XF 1.2! :)

Thank you kindly, Milo. We appreciate your visit!

I still haven't plucked the courage to start an intro thread. :LOL:

One of my fav themes Jason And I absolutely like that footer jam packed with info plus the design and cleanliness of it just adds to it's quality.

I still haven't plucked the courage to start an intro thread. :LOL:

One of my fav themes Jason And I absolutely like that footer jam packed with info plus the design and cleanliness of it just adds to it's quality.

Hey thanks so much, Shelley...

As for the intro thread, the great thing is that its only an option and absolutely not required. I think I have that stated in the funny notice inside the Proving Grounds forum. There are quite a few people who are there just to debate news, talk about movies, post funny photos, and other such content so no worries there. ;)

upload_2013-9-20_17-54-46.webp

Looks great.

I thought the confessionals were not working as I clicked on them ... and nothing happened.
I didn't notice they were appearing on the right.
Ideally the page would jump to the top so I could see the item I clicked [continue reading]

I love the new WTF.com, @Alien!

The navigation looks clean, the forum just oozes from top to bottom.

I wish I had the kind of money to get a design like that. :(

The new design looks absolutely stunning, excellent work to all involved in that. There's a but, it's the blue which I'm not overly fond of (never been fond of blue) and would like to see some other colours, I think that dark rich red would look amazing. :thumbsup:

Overall, the header/navigation is really looking sweet.

Ps. While I was browsing I clicked on your radio show tabs and only managed to listen to one of the radio broadcasts Anything goes - "Oatmeal is nasty. Over". Very funny and 100% awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it you have a great team at WTF.

Top Bottom