(CLOSED) WTF.com - Rants, News, Off-Topic, Humor

I am with the one other person as far as the favicon. wtf is completely different from fu. LOL

Yeah I completely agree. I'm trying to find something appropriate. We had that since 2004 and it matched our theme at the time... I have a few options, but they look horrible at 16x16 so I'm continuing to experiment. ;)

Jason, it should be something weird that causes a user to say "WTF" when they see it.

One of those "pancake on the bunnies' head" sort of thing.

I hate creating favicons. I think they are some of the hardest things to get right.

Some sort of palm -> face would be good but probably hard to pull of with a favicon.

Could have the letters W, T, and F oriented in different positions like one upside down, one sideways and what not.

I've lurked here for years.... thought I even had an account once.. but I just registered again since I seem not have had one after all :D... Bring on the abuse ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind... 16x16 is a total killjoy!

:confused:

Use a smilie from somewhere, though I would check with Shelly if you use any of hers first. Here is is at 16x16:

confused.webp

edit: proving once again, I am terrible at those types of things :D

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions...

I'm going over a few options like zany looking icons and smilies, but I'm not entirely there yet!

It's definitely not for the fainthearted... introductions are a baptism by fire..... ;)

Edit.. actually I take that back.. my 9 year old could come up with better insults LOL

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting site.. but once you get beyond the first insult or three, it gets a bit old. I prefer discussions with a bit more meat on its bones.

Great looking site, interesting concept, hope it continues for many years :)

...but once you get beyond the first insult or three, it gets a bit old. I prefer discussions with a bit more meat on its bones.

The introductions are just a light hazing... Harsher/flaming has a dedicated area as well, however neither area is the focus of the site. ;)

We focus on member rantings about things angering them, as well as "meat-on-its-bones" discussions, where you can find quite a few lively and serious debates on current events, news stories, and other topics. You'll experience a brainy challenge in quite a few threads in the "News & Debates" category for example. We also offer a variety of off-topic conversation on entertainment, computing, hobbies and interests, and other fun stuff.

We really appreciate the visit!

Suggestion. I noticed the data " Likes Received: 455 Gender: Male" is separated on two lines. I think it would look better being on one line? I don't think you need to worry about it expanding yet due to the likes count not coming close to expanding too much.

dt.webp

Just need to add this in your extra.css template pending you want to make the alteration which i think you should. :)

Code:
.messageUserBlock .extraUserInfo dt {
    display: inline !important;
}

Not sure what I prefer, I'll be honest.

If I elected to try that out, in order for it to fit would you also recommend that I just keep it to the word "Likes" and not include the word "Received"?

then you wouldn't know what the meaning of like. is it how many post the member likes in the forum or how many likes has been given to them :confused:

Nope, I don't buy that for a second. If you look at software that has the prefix posts: inserted into the postbit don't you automatically know this is the amount of posts the user has made? You'll not see something like this for example: This user has posted: prefix?

Regardless of that, it was a suggestion, to the thread creator, not a suggestion for the xenforo product so the thread starter can either make the adjustment or not it's primarily a suggestion, nothing more, nothing less.

Nope, I don't buy that for a second. If you look at software that has the prefix posts: inserted into the postbit don't you automatically know this is the amount of posts the user has made? You'll not see something like this for example: This user has posted: prefix?

Like is a totally different idea than posts. for e.g. you can like posts and your posts can be liked. where in posts you can write post but you CAN'T get posts o_O I am just saying ... :censored: maybe the term "liked" is a better way to go

Top Bottom