Close forum to new posts

ijeffers

Playing with migrating forums across, I have one section of about 10 forums which have been archived and were all set to Closed to New Posts.

Is there an equivent section available in XF which will achieve the same thing or do I just need to go through and revoke the post permissions for all usergroups?

You will have to revoke permissions for the node.

However, if you have your usergroups set up correctly, you should only have to revoke them for one group as permissions are cumulative.

I also have some forums which are closed to new posts and I only had to revoke the permission for the Registered usergroup.

Just to make it clear, all members should be in the Registered usergroup which has the basic permissions you want all users to have.
Then for secondary usergroups, grant the additional permissions you want each group to have.
For any permissions which are the same as the Registered usergroup, just set them to Default.

Yeah I'm just starting to get my head arround the permissions and thinking now might be a great time to cut down on my Usergroups.

On the otherhand, Private Node is the best feature ever!

Top Bottom