1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

close forum for all but admin

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by island, Sep 9, 2011.

1. island

island Active Member

I must be looking right past it, but is there a switch to switch the forum closed for all but the admin? (so the admin can still browse the whole forums normally but everyone else gets the closed/maintenance message)?

2. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

This should work : ACP => Options => Board Active => Unmark "board is active" => Save

Not sure if mods have permissions to view the board if you switch the board off, but I think only admins have permissions to view, ;)

island likes this.
  3. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

ACP -> Options -> Board Active

Edit: M@rc was faster xD

island likes this.
  4. island

island Active Member

I swear I tried that before posting. I just updated the domain moving from a test install to the real domain, so I must have lost my login for a moment. Sorry for the pointless thread, and thanks for confirming that it works perfectly. Tried it again, and it does now. Thanks.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

As long as it is sorted =D

6. island

island Active Member

:whistle:

Sorry again for the scattered question.

I haven't had this much fun though since the VB2 days so I'm possibly trying to go too fast after such a busy summer wanting to start working with xenForo.

7. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Nah, I had many moments like these with silly questions at first ^^ So don't be sorry :D