Close Banned user profile ?

Adam H

Is there any way of closing a banned users profile from being viewed ? Big problem that ive noticed is spam registrations putting their website address all over visitor messages, Location profile field and homepage profile fields.​
Obviously the spam cleaner gets rid of the visitor messages however it does nothing with the actual profile, I would like to see banned members profiles totally closed for everyone including​
Or is there a way of stopping guests from seeing profiles at least until something more comprehensive comes along.​

I was trying to find an answer to the same question an ran into this thread..

My experience is that banned users are still visible to all users including guests. The "information" tab is visible and all the spam is still easily found by google. The only difference between viewing the account with and admin and non logged is is that the admin sees the username crossed out but the guest user has no indication that user is banned(unless a title is given).

Is there a setting I can check to make it work like explained above?

EDIT: Nevermind, I noticed that it was because the user was temp banned and not permanently.

Last edited:
Members that are permanently banned are always hidden to users without the permission to bypass privacy settings (moderators usually). This isn't the case with a temporary ban; the thinking being that temporary bans allow the user to come back in the future.

There's no option to control this behavior.

Yes! But sometimes the user needs time to cool down and then you can return the user back.
Especially if you have a female audience. Trust me ;)
But now we have a button in the settings which itself drives the user ...

Top Bottom