Clip The Apex

Clicking the Forum tab will do that.

It is already highlighted because the threads route is being used (just as it is when reading this thread for example).

There's no point having a Home tab unless you have a separate home/landing page as the primary function of it in XenForo is for an external link.

I agree though, it's not ideal and perhaps slightly confusing/misleading.
Assuming you have the featured threads route as the "Index Page Route", you could just enter "/" as the "Home Page URL" to enable the "Home" link. The end effect would be that your default landing page and "Home" button would point to the featured threads list while the "Forums" link would go to "/forums".

(For anybody with their forums in a sub-folder, they'd need to use "/{folder}/" instead.)

Yes, that's an option :)

Unfortunately the Home tab still doesn't highlight and from experience people assume this is a bug so it's just easier to not have it.

Brogan, XenPorta allows you to have a home nav item that separates your forums from the 'homepage'. Maybe you can try something similar that Jaxel does to do that.

I'm not really involved with my site anymore so I uninstalled all of my custom add-ons and reverted to the default style so there is minimum maintenance going forward.

Thankfully it's a selectable style - I didn't force it on the members.
I was going to ask if that was the default or not as that font choice would take some getting used to. Now you've got me thinking about that random online indicator. :D

On a tangent topic, in that post about world population, if your members haven't brought it yet up toss the Malthusian Theory into there.

Yeah, the font may be a step too far but without it, It's not very Halloweeny.

If you need the instructions for the online indicator, let me know.
Perhaps I'll do a tutorial.

If you need the instructions for the online indicator, let me know.
Perhaps I'll do a tutorial.
Please don't go through writing up a full-blown tutorial effort for me alone, the geek in me would just be curious as to what approach you took to dynamically change the CSS definitions of the FA to the user ID. Off the top of my head I'm thinking that maybe you did several static CSS definitions for each different FA icon and then in the template are doing some type of conditional on the user ID to determine which definition to use? 🤔 Sort of like 'If the ID ends in 1 then use CSS class indicator1, else if it ends in 2 then use CSS class indicator2...' and so on.

That's okay - I had planned on doing one anyway and already have it prepped.

Just have to finish grouting and sealing the master shower first :p

Just an update to say that the site has been migrated to XFC.

Top Bottom