As designed  click 'edit', make edit, then cancel--cancelled edit never forgotten.

dieketzer

it seems that if you start to edit a post, then change your mind and click cancel, the edit you began is never forgotten. this makes it difficult to then go back and edit the original post.
this may be a browser issue? perhaps there needs to be a way to explicitly not cache the form input somehow? too bad it doesnt do this on the initial post!

firefox 4b9

Considering that you can use the "Undo" button in the wysiwyg editor to go back to the original state, I think this bug is needed. Lest you click outside the overlay, which would then lose all your unsaved edits.

I'd like to think of it as a feature. :)

Considering that you can use the "Undo" button in the wysiwyg editor to go back to the original state, I think this bug is needed. Lest you click outside the overlay, which would then lose all your unsaved edits.

I'd like to think of it as a feature. :)
yeah, i am a dumbass. i totally overlooked the presence of the undo button
tongue.png

We debated about this, but clicking outside and the cancel button do the same thing - if we removed what you did with cancel (which we did at first), then a mis-click would lose your edit. Also, it caused some other problems. :)

I don't know. If you open a previously cancelled edit, I think it would be beneficial to have some kind of notice that previous edits are still in place. Perhaps in bold to the left of Save Changes a notice stating that previous edits are still in effect?

Top Bottom