1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed click 'edit', make edit, then cancel--cancelled edit never forgotten.

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by dieketzer, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

it seems that if you start to edit a post, then change your mind and click cancel, the edit you began is never forgotten. this makes it difficult to then go back and edit the original post.
    this may be a browser issue? perhaps there needs to be a way to explicitly not cache the form input somehow? too bad it doesnt do this on the initial post!

firefox 4b9
  2. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

Considering that you can use the "Undo" button in the wysiwyg editor to go back to the original state, I think this bug is needed. Lest you click outside the overlay, which would then lose all your unsaved edits.

I'd like to think of it as a feature. :)
    dieketzer likes this.
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

yeah, i am a dumbass. i totally overlooked the presence of the undo button [​IMG]
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We debated about this, but clicking outside and the cancel button do the same thing - if we removed what you did with cancel (which we did at first), then a mis-click would lose your edit. Also, it caused some other problems. :)
  5. rjordan

rjordan Member

I don't know. If you open a previously cancelled edit, I think it would be beneficial to have some kind of notice that previous edits are still in place. Perhaps in bold to the left of Save Changes a notice stating that previous edits are still in effect?