Resource icon

CLI Import External Data 0.0.1

No permission to download

Vincent Gabriel

Vincent Gabriel submitted a new resource:

CLI Import External Data - cli import tool

# CLI Import External Data Tool

This is used to eliminate the HTTP requests when using the default web based import external data feature.

Upload the contents to the root folder and run `php _import.php` from the console.

Make sure to first start the improt process from the admin panel and then use the console to actually process the import.

Read more about this resource...

That's correct. It mimics the default one but allows to run trough the command line. It'll allow to maybe increase the batch size of each step to run it faster on larger boards with vps or dedicated servers.

I actually bought the big board importer and this won't work nearly as fast

Has anyone tried increasing the batch size? I'd think not using HTTP would speed things up a little bit depending on internet connection. I'm also curious if there's a way to pause, change the the limit, and resume.

You can set the batch size when you run the command and yes you can and should increase batch size if you have a powerful enough server with enough resources.

you can also run it in the background. just append &

I can't say if it was faster without doing another import and comparing times. It's mostly users and attachments that are super slow.

Top Bottom