Clearing Cache Crashed My Site

combatgamez

So I tried to clear the cache and killed my site, put a tickets into support as I was getting a 504 gateway error and the reply was:

[Sat Aug 22 06:33:55 2015] [warn] [client 118.209.108.238] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/combatcl/public_html/index.php
[Sat Aug 22 06:36:02 2015] [warn] [client 118.209.108.238] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/combatcl/public_html/index.php

So anyone know how I can fix this, now they want to charge me who knows how much to restore a back up?

Also why has this happened? Seems to be intermittatantly loading?? weird.

site address is combatgamez.com

I went into admin panel and cleared the cache there, I am pretty sure I tried to rebuild User caches, i clicked rebuild now, it seemed to work but now i have issues.

I went into admin panel and cleared the cache there, I am pretty sure I tried to rebuild User caches, i clicked rebuild now, it seemed to work but now i have issues.
I'm not aware of any "clearing cache" entries in the ACP->Tools area.. rebuilding yes, clearing no.
Have you tried going to combatgamez.com/install and click on the rebuild master data button? Do not.. and I repeat DO NOT! click on the To do a fresh install, click here link.

sorry i meant rebuild cache.
Had a feeling that's what you meant, but clearing cache has a different meaning to me and involves different things than a rebuild. ;)

everything seems to be working now for some reason.
i didnt do anything.
Betting man says it's your host that is having issues.

should it not do this?
Only if you have enabled FURL's in the ACP and also renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess to allow for friendly URLS (FURL).

Top Bottom