1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Clear inactive users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TDUBS, May 30, 2015.

1. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

As weird as this sounds, I am wondering if there's a possibility to clear inactive accounts past a certain month? Say I'd like to clear all accounts inactive more than 6 months, how would I be able to accomplish this or will it mess stuff up?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can use the Batch Update Users function in the ACP.
  3. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

This just displays what I'd be looking to clear. I want to know if I cleared the users, will it mess anything up and what's the best way to clear these users?
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

As Brogan stated, use the Batch Update Users feature. It will not mess anything up. Just make sure you choose the appropriate criteria.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Be very sure that you want to do this. If you delete their accounts, posts will remain but will be unassociated with any accounts. If a user decides to return and creates a new account, it'll be very difficult to re-associate their old posts with the new account.

Personally I don't delete accounts, they are either left as they are or I remove/change details in them. The only accounts I do delete are those with 0 posts and content.
    Amaury likes this.