Clean 3 Column Custom Field Lists

Clean 3 Column Custom Field Lists

I still don't understand the context of this modification
IIRC, it would only be necessary to add if your "Members online" list was all grouped together without a comma and a space such as User1User2User3 instead of User1, User2, User3. It was necessary on one style of mine to do.

Question about using your code for columns. I am trying to setup a garage section for a car club. Bob over at XenAddons looked at my vBulletin page and made this quick example, using your code:
XenAddons_Sample_garage_Page.webp

He quoted your code and said to just add to extra.less I setup a similar page, added your code to my extra.less page but it doesn't seem to be generating the columns. I suspect I've missed something somewhere. This is a clip of my sample page, you'll note how the custom field items are still in a single column:
Screenshot 2021-11-15 201227.webp

I am new to Xenforo and trying to get to speed as quickly as possible. Any ideas of what I may have missed?

Thanks

Paul

It looks like the commas are still showing.
CSS:
.listInline.listInline--comma>li:after, .listInline.listInline--customField>li:after {
content: "";
}

You might not have the Value display HTML set either (under general options of custom fields with Bob's add ons)
1637055359570.webp

frm
Thanks for your response, but I am still struggling with it. I assume I needed to put the "{$value}<br />" into each custom items field, which I did. But does the CSS replace the original CSS or does it get added into it.

I am learning a lot of this as I go along, but the learning curve is pretty steep

Thanks for any suggestions

Paul

I assume I needed to put the "{$value}<br />" into each custom items field
Not in each custom items field's, in the value display HTML. Remove the HTML from the custom item fields and put the HTML into the Value display HTML as seen.

frm,
Sorry, my note misled you. The "{$value}<br />" is inserted into the Value Display HTML field. I've entered it into each of the four different category items "Value Display HTML" field. This is part of the Showcase/Item Fields/Edit Fields/General Options. This is a screenclip of the first field

Screenshot 2021-11-25 161636.webp

Sorry to be so dense, I guess I can't see the forest for all the trees in the way.

frm
Second clarification - You posted
CSS:
.listInline.listInline--comma>li:after, .listInline.listInline--customField>li:after {
content: "";
}
Can you clarify if that replaces what is in the extra.less or does it get added to it?

Top Bottom