Classifieds?

billybatz9

Is there a classifieds for this forum?

Is there a classifieds plugin/software that runs well with xenforo?

Looking to add a classifieds to my website

The download right now has everything except the photo block and profile stuff.

I will probally release it tomorow just need to wrap up the documentation on what to do to redo things if your already running xenforo classifieds plugins on how to redo things and what files changed. ;)

Every script is not going to come with every thing, if you want
certain options, then you have to have it custom made...

I will be setting up a classified/forum soon...so If I want the
classifieds and forum to interact (same user for both) then
I would have to hire a coder to create a bridge between to two...
I would not expect xenforo to already have this, as this is not their job....

XenForo should focus on XEN...and
Let Addon dev and designers do the rest....

We surely do not need another VB...
I left VB once v4 come out, and never been back....
total crap...

and if i should go with XenForo, and they too turn into VB..
I will disappear faster then a fart in the wind, there one sec. gone the next...

Unfortunately, this is something that is sorely missing for Xenforo. People have talked about Photopost Classifieds and I have yet to find a classifieds system that integrates seamlessly with Xenforo. There are however many people who have mentioned one is in the works. Sorry.

Every script is not going to come with every thing, if you want
certain options, then you have to have it custom made...

I will be setting up a classified/forum soon...so If I want the
classifieds and forum to interact (same user for both) then
I would have to hire a coder to create a bridge between to two...
I would not expect xenforo to already have this, as this is not their job....

XenForo should focus on XEN...and
Let Addon dev and designers do the rest....

We surely do not need another VB...
I left VB once v4 come out, and never been back....
total crap...

and if i should go with XenForo, and they too turn into VB..
I will disappear faster then a fart in the wind, there one sec. gone the next...

For Xenforo, not in Xenforo. Nobody thinks a classifieds system should be core functionality in Xenforo. Certainly not me, anyway. You misread my post.

I too, left vB @ the vB4 era, partly because of bloat, partly other issues. So I totally agree with everything you said.

correct, I would not want xenforo to work on anything like that classifieds, blog, etc...I have a classifieds, so all in all
I would just need to create a bridge...why should xenforo create a blog when a bridge can be created for the
most popular blog type that is out today? Word Press of course, so if I was using a classifieds script, wordpress, and xenforo,
then I would need someone to create an api, bridge or something so one signup can acess all 3....

why should xenforo create stuff that pretty much already exits.....

For Xenforo, not in Xenforo. Nobody thinks a classifieds system should be core functionality in Xenforo. Certainly not me, anyway. You misread my post.

I too, left vB @ the vB4 era, partly because of bloat, partly other issues. So I totally agree with everything you said.

correct, I would not want xenforo to work on anything like that classifieds, blog, etc...I have a classifieds, so all in all
I would just need to create a bridge...why should xenforo create a blog when a bridge can be created for the
most popular blog type that is out today? Word Press of course, so if I was using a classifieds script, wordpress, and xenforo,
then I would need someone to create an api, bridge or something so one signup can acess all 3....

why should xenforo create stuff that pretty much already exits.....

Preaching to the choir...

I setup a forum for classifieds and use this custom thread field addon for extra fields like price. Here is a rough mockup on how I set it up.

If you add thread prefixes and the XenTrader addon, you can simple classified system.
This seems like a nice little setup! Only thing is.... If someone does come out with a classifieds add-on, there won't be anyway to transfer all this info, ratings, and etc to the classifieds add on.

Also, I see that this is a few add ons tht are working together, not just one. If one add-on doesn't get supported anymore, the whole system is screwed.

Btw, can you PM me or post on here your site so we can see how it is run on your website.?

This seems like a nice little setup! Only thing is.... If someone does come out with a classifieds add-on, there won't be anyway to transfer all this info, ratings, and etc to the classifieds add on.

A classified addon would probably have an importer for the trader ratings as it has been around since the VB2 days. With a little hacking, you could probably import old threads into any addon

Also, I see that this is a few add ons tht are working together, not just one. If one add-on doesn't get supported anymore, the whole system is screwed.

If one addon is no longer supported, you would have a partial working system. If you rely solely on the classified addon and it goes bust, then you have no classifieds.

Btw, can you PM me or post on here your site so we can see how it is run on your website.?

Ist on my local host (im in the process of converting), but ill create an article on how I set it all up.

A classified addon would probably have an importer for the trader ratings as it has been around since the VB2 days. With a little hacking, you could probably import old threads into any addon

If one addon is no longer supported, you would have a partial working system. If you rely solely on the classified addon and it goes bust, then you have no classifieds.

Ist on my local host (im in the process of converting), but ill create an article on how I set it all up.
Did you ever set this up on your website? Id love to see it

Top Bottom