1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classifieds?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by billybatz9, Mar 18, 2013.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Is there a classifieds for this forum?

Is there a classifieds plugin/software that runs well with xenforo?

Looking to add a classifieds to my website

2. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

We can use Resource Manager for this purpose.

nguy3ndai and Weppa333 like this.
  3. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Me too. Many things in the works but nothing really ideal yet.

rootsxrocks likes this.
  4. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

I have not bought xenforo yet so I am unable to read descriptions of the resources, therefore I am unable understand what each resource can do. Having that in mind, looking at the resource page is completely useless to me. That is why I am asking lol

5. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

@dodgeboard

What kind of plugin/resource did you use to allow users to blog? I visited your site haha :D

6. Dodgeboard

Unfortunately, this is something that is sorely missing for Xenforo. People have talked about Photopost Classifieds and I have yet to find a classifieds system that integrates seamlessly with Xenforo. There are however many people who have mentioned one is in the works. Sorry.

Donny and surfsup like this.
  7. Dodgeboard

There are a couple different ones available. I use LN Blogs.

billybatz9 likes this.
  8. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Damn :cautious:

I have read upon classipress... but that changes the whole theme..
    I know a classifieds would be useful to many people... generate income for a lot of people... and be loved by users. I need to find something. I will be on the search and let you kno what I find :)

Donny and Dodgeboard like this.
  9. Dennis B

Dennis B Member

I've been considering XF for my 5M post community. We have a popular Classifieds section which we can't live without if/when we eventually migrate. I'll try to keep an eye on this topic.

Donny likes this.
  10. Weppa333

Weppa333 Active Member

I also believe RM, slightly modified, would make a proper classifieds system.
    I'm sure someone will come up with an add on that does just that once they integrate Hooks. In the meantime, it requires a bit of coding mostly on templates.

11. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

12. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

13. RoldanLT

erich37 likes this.
  14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

BTW:
    which Addon are you using to display "Members Online Now" showing Avatars in the sidebar ?

15. RoldanLT

I modify it myself, no addon required.

16. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I believe that the integration has been completed. I know the PhotoPost Gallery is done (and I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to getting it - even tho' it will mean increasing my VPS setup if it starts getting used).

17. All PhotoPost Products integrate with the xenforo product showing the complete header footer style of the forum as well as navigation.

http://www.omegatron.net/xenforo

I have completed admin panel with all settings as well as a photo block for the forumhome. I am working on expanding plugins as well to show profile page content.

18. Dodgeboard

I am seriously considering it, myself. Just wish I could see more of them in action.

19. I know of about a dozen of our customers who have switched to use the full enhanced xenforo integration it is all new for sure. The link I posted should show a clean fresh install of xenforo as well as any of the photopost products. Feel free to register and post photos etc test things out.

If you have specific questions I am more than happy to answer. PhotoPost has supported the user login and css style of Xenforo for several years every since the product was a beta. We recently added the enhanced integration which pulls the header footer around the applications as well as navigation and photo block on the forum. Everything is controlled that shows on the forum from the forum admin options. There is a profile block and forum photo block just like we support vBulletin 4.

http://www.omegatron.net/gallery

I am working on updating the classifieds to include an ad block on the forum and the profile info like I just finished on the gallery

Chris2 and Dodgeboard like this.
  20. http://www.omegatron.net/xenforo/

I have updated the enhanced Classifieds plugin to show an ad block on the forumhome as well as Classifieds Tab in the xenforo profile.