Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
We did this already this 3 month ago! And we also used Photopost classified as well. This classified is a good one and it has a lot of much more potential.

And, by the way, there is no other working addon!:)
MANY THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS!!!

@Z61,
there seems to be slight glitch, when a thread is created. The link to the classified looks like this (classified title is "Frankfurt - Berlin"):

screenshot-2019.09.03-12_25_19.png

May be you wanna check that.

BTW: with all that location data at hand via googlemaps - may it be feaseable to see Classifieds upcoming with category maps? Ever thought about that? Would be a good addition to have them optional.

Hiya @Z61 :)

Just wondered if there were any updates planned soon??

Thinking about the ability for the seller to re-open the listing if it falls through??
Also - the ability to put a rough base default template in the body would be an advantage.... ;)

Many thanks
Paul

Last edited:
Hiya @Z61 :)

Just wondered if there were any updates planned soon??

Thinking about the ability for the seller to re-open the listing if it falls through??
Also - the ability to put a rough base default template in the body would be an advantage.... ;)

Many thanks
Paul
Hi, the current update doesn't have a whole lot in it, but those are both relatively simple suggestions to implement so those should definitely both make it in the next update.

Hi, the current update doesn't have a whole lot in it, but those are both relatively simple suggestions to implement so those should definitely both make it in the next update.

Hi Z61,
that would be great - thank you. To be honest, once it has these two then i almost feel like i could then open it up and let me users use it!! :)
Cheers
Paul

Hi Z61,
that would be great - thank you. To be honest, once it has these two then i almost feel like i could then open it up and let me users use it!! :)
Cheers
Paul
How would you want the re-opening to be handled? Just refresh the expiration if necessary and open it up?

So someone says they will but it, and it is marked as "sold". However the deal falls through. Is just to re-open again - so guessing yes, refresh expiry and re-open it - Can only be done by the Original seller obviously :)

I am looking for some clarification regarding the users pull down menu.

I thought this was how it worked:

--- Set cover image: allows you to choose which of the images you uploaded is featured.
--- Edit listing: gives access to and editing page exactly as when you posted the ad
--- Close Listing: allows you to close the listing. This removes it from all views except the listing owners and moderators.

You also have the option to "Mark as Sold", It does not close the listing or thread and does not edit the title. It does put a visible "Sold" on the listing.

I just did a test as a registered user and closed a listing. It still shows after the page has been refreshed. Should it disappear from the listings?

There seems to be a problem with renewing ads. I thought that perhaps a user just had to go to "Your listings", choose an "expired" ad, then edit it.

I may be having a problem because I am the administrator. I can see all my expired ads on the main classifieds page even though I think they should be expired. When I go to "Your listings", most of my ads show as "expired" as I think they should. There isn't a clear "renew" link, so I try editing the ad and saving it thinking that may renew it, but the "expired" remains by the listing in "Your listings".

Thanks

When a user wants to mark an item as "Sold", they are required to enter a purchasing users name. I think it would be good either have this as an option in permissions so that requiring a "Purchasing user:" be entered can be turned off, or at least if the seller could maybe check a box for "Off Site Sale" or "User".

I am looking for some clarification regarding the users pull down menu.

I thought this was how it worked:

--- Set cover image: allows you to choose which of the images you uploaded is featured.
--- Edit listing: gives access to and editing page exactly as when you posted the ad
--- Close Listing: allows you to close the listing. This removes it from all views except the listing owners and moderators.

You also have the option to "Mark as Sold", It does not close the listing or thread and does not edit the title. It does put a visible "Sold" on the listing.

I just did a test as a registered user and closed a listing. It still shows after the page has been refreshed. Should it disappear from the listings?
I'm not quite decided on the handling of listing visibility. I'm willing to hear suggestions on it.
There seems to be a problem with renewing ads. I thought that perhaps a user just had to go to "Your listings", choose an "expired" ad, then edit it.

I may be having a problem because I am the administrator. I can see all my expired ads on the main classifieds page even though I think they should be expired. When I go to "Your listings", most of my ads show as "expired" as I think they should. There isn't a clear "renew" link, so I try editing the ad and saving it thinking that may renew it, but the "expired" remains by the listing in "Your listings".

Thanks
Renewal hasn't been implemented at this time.
When a user wants to mark an item as "Sold", they are required to enter a purchasing users name. I think it would be good either have this as an option in permissions so that requiring a "Purchasing user:" be entered can be turned off, or at least if the seller could maybe check a box for "Off Site Sale" or "User".
This should already be an option, it will still show the form but will be optional.

What does the "featured status" currently get you if someone was to pay the amount when listing? "Enable paid feature status"

I think, right now, it only gives you a small trumpet in the listing. And, there is not a widget to promote them. But, if implemented, it could give the purchaser something like a highlighting border, or colored background to highlight their ad. And with a widget it would allow the forum owner to feature paid ads in specified locations in their forum.
This could allow the forum owner the opportunity to have some income from some ads. I think depending on how many ads were running on the site, (I don't have many), I would start offering the featured at $5.00. When there seemed to be many more than necessary to fill a widget (the widget would probably display 4), then the site owner could consider increasing the price.

My small classifieds is picking up ads, so I am anxious to see a few developments like this one and the "renew ad". I had a major competitors classifieds on my site (with auctions etc.), but this one is much simpler and is attracting more users. I am an ex vb user and used to use Photopost Classifieds, it was very good, and I think this classifieds is on track! The few dollars I made from the Photopost Classifieds was done by charging $10.00 to unregistered classifieds users. There was a desire to have a system which would allow a registered user to have one (or whatever) ad running at any given time, free, but if a user wanted more ads, they had to pay. Photopost Classifieds was abandoned before this was completely smoothed out.

OK Bought and installed this, seems to be mostly up and running ok apart from Item Fields aren't being displayed to potential buyers, they display and operate ok on the add new classifieds page but then seemingly vanish ?

If I Edit the listing the Item Fields are not displayed either

Bit of feedback for you

1. Any way of defaulting the currency to a specific one so that it doesn't then give you options for others ?
2. How to change the currency symbol for FREE Post ads as it automatically shows this "$0.00 for 30 days"
3. I clicked on the location field to enter in the address and had a Google error popup in the box saying "This page can't load Google Maps correctly". Google maps functionality working everywhere else on my site.

Had a look in database, and in xf_z61_classifieds_listing table I can see my ads, there is a row called custom_fields and in there is blob data as follows:-
a:0:{}

I reckon it doesn't appear to be saving the fields when I add the entry ?

and finally (maybe unrelated) the approval moderation queue shows as [deleted] after the name of the item as I approve them. The classifieds listing does not have this but the forum post has it has the title i.e. "Item Name [Deleted]"

Top Bottom