1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Chrome Login Dropdown Not Working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by beanfan78, Jul 20, 2013.

1. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

For some reason only in Chrome the Login/Register box does not drop down. Had a few people contact me about it and I duplicated it. I thought it was cloudflare and minifying js scripts but I disabled that. Has anyone else had issues with this? I want to make sure it's not the way I set something up. It is on 1.2RC1 and the site is www.milpages.com/forum. TIA!

2. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Sorry I didn't add that this is the stock style, only the sitemap for xenforo plugin and xen media gallery are installed. Otherwise it's stock. I tried with them disable as well. Works in FF and IE without issues.

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Works OK in Chrome in the iPad for me.

4. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Thanks Matt, I didn't try on the mobile. I was on the desktop. Will take a look now though on iPad, and Android.

5. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Correction, mobile Chrome works on Android and iOS. It's the desktop that I am struggling with.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The CSS definition for #loginBar .textCtrl has an unsupported pseudo prefix: -webkit-autofill. This is causing Chrome to error out from that. If you remove it, it should work.

7. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Thanks King for that. I will see about fixing that.

8. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

King, by chance, could you tell me where I could find that? I am still a noob on xF...

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's part of the JS. The fact that it's not triggering here means that something must be different.

I do note that your HTML source is still different from the stock output. Tabs are removed and there are references to "rocketscript" which is part of CloudFlare, so I suspect that's the cause.

10. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

11. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Mike, I will disable cloudflare and check.

12. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Cloudflare is disabled and it works now. That was the issue so I guess I will be saying goodbye to cloudflare for now. Thank you everyone for lending a hand.

13. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Try disabling the RocketLoader in your cloudflare performance settings if it's enabled. That's been known to cause problems and why it's shown as BETA.

RoldanLT likes this.
  14. beanfan78

beanfan78 Active Member

Thanks Tracy, will give that a go. I like cloudflare so it would be nice to use.

15. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

How do we remove it?

16. Jeremy

Are you using Cloudflare's RocketLoader functionality?

17. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm using it. Is there a workaround we can use cloudflare with the rocketloader enabled?

18. Jeremy

Not that I know of, no. The RocketLoader script has been known to cause issues.

19. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I've written in the Cloudflare thread @damoncloudflare hopefully they can make it possible. Thanks @Jeremy