Chrome Does Not Open Link Properly, But FireFox Does

TheBigK

I'm trying to include the 'Become A Member' button on my WordPress powered blog to redirect the users to XF powered community.

Code:
<label id="SignupButton" for="LoginControl">
<a class="inner" href="http://www.crazyengineers.com/community/register/">Become A Member!</a>
</label>

I've created a text widget and pasted above code in it. I've copied code from Xenforo CSS to bring the styling to the button. Now the problem is -

1. The button works fine in FireFox (latest, 14).
2. The When accessed from chrome, the page refreshes.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure, but it looks like plain HTML job to me. Plus, this thing works perfect in Firefox. Chrome's got issues.

Ow!

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I want to display 'Become A Member' button XF style on WordPress. What changes should I make?

Let me try it with a div. So it should be <div id="SignupButton" for="LoginControl">

and the CSS would look like -

#SignupButton { ...};

, am I right?

Code:
<div id="SignupButton">
  <a href="#" class="inner">Become a member now!</a>
</div>
The CSS should start like that, yes.

The for in label identifies what the label is for, for example for="radio1" means it is the label for the form element with id="radio1".

Code:
<div id="SignupButton">
  <a href="#" class="inner">Become a member now!</a>
</div>
The CSS should start like that, yes.

The for in label identifies what the label is for, for example for="radio1" means it is the label for the form element with id="radio1".
Not working. Could you check it live on the site: http://www.crazyengineers.com , check at the bottom of sidebar on the right.

It works like a charm for me, in chrome 20.0. something, Windows XP. Have you tried deleting the cache in your chrome install?

It works like a charm for me, in chrome 20.0. something, Windows XP. Have you tried deleting the cache in your chrome install?
I'm on Chrome Version 20.0.1132.57 on Mac OSX Lion. I'll ask others to test. Wondering how'd cache matter here.

It usually don't unless it is a javascript or css conflict. Same version as me though different OS, but that really shouldn't matter. Have you tested it on Safari?

Well, I am stomped. I can't see why it shouldn't work for you. The only thing I could think of was different between me and you is the cache.

I asked few random people on the Earth who use chrome and they say it's working fine :)

@MagnusB : Really appreciate your help. Thanks a TON! (y)

There are times when clearing the cache in Chrome and Firefox can still produce errors. I cleared cached, and then performed a SHUT DOWN on my PC, and everything worked in both browsers

Top Bottom