Christian Forum

I like the look and feel of your site. It is very comprehensive though, a lot of material to maintain.

I tried joining. It didn't like the two user names I selected and then blanked out. ?

Jeff

I like the look and feel of your site. It is very comprehensive though, a lot of material to maintain.

I tried joining. It didn't like the two user names I selected and then blanked out. ?

Jeff

Blanked out? really? Hmm... I should check that out.
I have the same feeling about my site that it might be a bit overwhelming for a first timer. I have had users tell me they were confused in the beginning as to how to use it and where to go. I thought they must have felt that way because of xenforo software being new. A lot of my members are in there 50s or more. A new software makes it more difficult for them to understand and navigate the site. Thank you for your observations.

I am having a terrible time with spam on one of my sites currently. It is my oldest site that is still running vB 3.8. Spammers have made it almost useless. So far, I have been unable to find a solution. I was hoping an change to Xenforo or Invision Power would help.

I'll try your site again and let you know how it is going.

Jeff

Change to xenforo but that won't be enough. Get @tenants FoolBotHoneyBot add-on too. This has solved my spam issues. :)

Thanks for the HoneyBot tip. I am working on the old forum this weekend. I have an old InvisionPower license that I'm going to try. They have a spam prevention system included. If that doesn't work, I'm going to move it XenForo.

I'll try registering on your site again. I was surprised that it didn't like my second user name. It is based on my name and shouldn't be very common.

Jeff

PS. I was able to register and post on your site. (I used the same avatar)

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom