Chitika is GARBAGE

vigref.URL.webp

I haven't found many people that find viglinks anywhere near as good as adsense.
Your experience is quite out of the norm.

I posted a screenshot of December earnings and was basically called a liar so I'm done. Use it if you want, or not, it is up to you.

Didn't yahoo start their own ad program?
And shut it down about a year, two years ago. Was the best google alternative I've run across

I wouldn't. Yes, its more than Chitika, but it they don't have good QA on their ads. I've had many of my users report of not only viruses in the ads, but as well as blatant nudity.
I'll second this. Adbrite = utter garbage. Quickest way to get "virus" warnings on your site, without actually having them there

Infolinks is more better.
That depends. For whatever reason, Infolinks refuses to actually credit visitors properly to me. If you've got all U.S. traffic, they may be better, but really, from what I've seen, their program is utter garbage.

And shut it down about a year, two years ago. Was the best google alternative I've run across

I'll second this. Adbrite = utter garbage. Quickest way to get "virus" warnings on your site, without actually having them there

That depends. For whatever reason, Infolinks refuses to actually credit visitors properly to me. If you've got all U.S. traffic, they may be better, but really, from what I've seen, their program is utter garbage.
Wow.

Yeah, Google and I don't get along. Well, their advertisement program and I don't. Too many times I've been ripped off, I've had friends ripped off from 'em, with no reply, no response. They wait till the account gets good and ready, then yank the account with vague "we think that you're harming our advertisers" notices. They simply just don't want to pay out.

STILL trying to find that ultimate adwords/adsense replacement, it shouldn't be that hard to find one program that lets you simply c&p ad code across sites/domains.

Yeah, Google and I don't get along. Well, their advertisement program and I don't. Too many times I've been ripped off, I've had friends ripped off from 'em, with no reply, no response. They wait till the account gets good and ready, then yank the account with vague "we think that you're harming our advertisers" notices. They simply just don't want to pay out.

STILL trying to find that ultimate adwords/adsense replacement, it shouldn't be that hard to find one program that lets you simply c&p ad code across sites/domains.
So what advertisement companies do you use now?

Right now nothing, but I'm not developing the communities that are ad supported either, because it's not paying to do it.
I'm a noob. Started my first site last year. This advertisement stuff seems like a real pain. I can see why you don't bother.

I wonder if my viglinks sucks because I'm using it through cloudflare?

Hi -- Anna here w/ VigLink. You shouldn't see any difference in revenue using VigLink through CloudFlare or directly through us. If you'd be interested, I'm happy to take a look at your account or have a member of our customer success team take a look.

Revenue with VigLink can vary by site because earnings are dependent on a site's traffic, number of links to eligible merchant sites, and number of clicks/sales resulting from those links. If your site discusses products in some capacity, and you have good traffic stats, VigLink will likely give your site a nice revenue bump. If your site does not include outbound merchant links and/or doesn't see much traffic, VigLink will not necessarily have the same impact.

Do you know if you have link insertion activated currently? If not, that may be an additional lever to pull. Let us know -- happy to chat further if it'd be helpful!

Cheers,
Anna

Hi -- Anna here w/ VigLink. You shouldn't see any difference in revenue using VigLink through CloudFlare or directly through us. If you'd be interested, I'm happy to take a look at your account or have a member of our customer success team take a look.

Revenue with VigLink can vary by site because earnings are dependent on a site's traffic, number of links to eligible merchant sites, and number of clicks/sales resulting from those links. If your site discusses products in some capacity, and you have good traffic stats, VigLink will likely give your site a nice revenue bump. If your site does not include outbound merchant links and/or doesn't see much traffic, VigLink will not necessarily have the same impact.

Do you know if you have link insertion activated currently? If not, that may be an additional lever to pull. Let us know -- happy to chat further if it'd be helpful!

Cheers,
Anna
Alright I'll PM you.

Cheers,
Anna

Do I make the same amount through viglink off of a conversion as I would through hosting an amazon affiliate link myself?

Do I make the same amount through viglink off of a conversion as I would through hosting an amazon affiliate link myself?

Hi there -- the answer depends on what payout tier you are currently in with Amazon. Their default is 4%. If you are in that tier, it's likely you would earn more with VigLink even given the 25% retained by VigLink. Due to our size we typically have access to higher payout tiers with merchants. Here is a little bit more information on how it works:

http://blog.viglink.com/2011/11/10/access-higher-affiliate-marketing-payout-tiers-using-viglink/

Let me know if this answers your question? And apologies for the delayed response The8thLegion, will be looking at your site momentarily!

Cheers,
Anna

I used OpenAds for a server and do direct advertising sales.

BUT, it's been slow this past quarter so I'm tinkering with AdSense, but good grief it's hardly worth the effort.

Top Bottom