1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Child node icons?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Jerpy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jerpy

Jerpy Member

I'm able to set normal node icons under a category by simply doing a css trick, but the same process will not work for any child nodes.

Here is my example:
    Admin is set to this icon:
    [​IMG]

but then its two child nodes accepted/denied will not have an icon when set in EXTRA.css

[​IMG]

Here is the css change I made to apply an icon to my normal "front-page" forums:
    Code:
    /* Admin Applications */
    .node .node_14 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_14 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("styles/custom/nodeicons/nodesprite.png");
        background-position: -5px -155px;
    }
    .node .node_14 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_14 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("styles/custom/nodeicons/nodesprite.png");
        background-position: -5px -155px;
    }

But then I'll do the identical thing and apply it to node 21, which is accepted applications, and it will continue showing as a "not-assigned" or "blank" icon, which is the default, basically meaning "read" and no new threads. The yellow version of that is new threads.

Is there a change that needs to be made to the css? I remember to be able to apply this to page node forums, you had to make a minor change. Is there a change to be made to the child node css? I haven't found anything on the forums, nor have I through google. Anyone got any ideas?

edit: Probably should add that the theme is xenfocus's Fusion Dark, although this would not have an effect on how the icons are applied.