Cheeky Shelley

To be fair I released those purely because some people liked and enjoyed them and though submitting them would be beneficial to the community. I have now released vb variants over there to show that any contributions I submitted is primarily to serve any given community if i believe in what the signs are saying. :)

To be fair I released those purely because some people liked and enjoyed them and though submitting them would be beneficial to the community. I have now released vb variants over there to show that any contributions I submitted is primarily to serve any given community. :)
And I was thinking you were a rebel ;(.

Nice...
And I totally agree with what both Kier and Adrian have said... It's not about war or competition, it's about producing the best possible software. Customers will decide what works best for them. For some it will be vB, for others it will be XF, and that's just fine. There is no "One forum to rule them all" ;).

That said, we've already agreed that we're buying a XenForo license as soon as it's available, I want it on the testbed ASAP :).

[ETA]
Oh, and I've also marked as installed and nominated for MotM :)

He is a she unless you know something we don't ;)

LOL it is probably because it's 3 in the morning and I have lost it completely.. but somehow I found that very amusing
giggle.gif

He is a she unless you know something we don't ;)
LOL it is probably because it's 3 in the morning and I have lost it completely.. but somehow I found that very amusing
giggle.gif
Totally tanget but semi-related question for anybody who cares to chime in...

Do the majority of women still tend to not disclose their gender in online communities or are those days gone & over with? If you're old enough to remember the glory days of dial-up BBS systems and you'll likely also remember that back then it was common for women to take on a male persona online. At least with the communities I visit these days it no longer seems to be an issue but there is still the occasional thread about whether somebody is a "he" or a "she" in the real world.

Totally tanget but semi-related question for anybody who cares to chime in...

Do the majority of women still tend to not disclose their gender in online communities or are those days gone & over with? If you're old enough to remember the glory days of dial-up BBS systems and you'll likely also remember that back then it was common for women to take on a male persona online. At least with the communities I visit these days it no longer seems to be an issue but there is still the occasional thread about whether somebody is a "he" or a "she" in the real world.

When I first started posting on Forums about 11 years ago it was an issue, I was often the only female on a forum, or one of a handful (out of tens of thousands) at best, admittedly these were technical forums more likely to attract men than women... but still.

Now I have a lot of Female Admins as clients, who run boards big and small not necessarily for women, one of my Fave Customers runs a big Gaming site, she is awesome!

In a place like this I feel completely comfortable with disclosing my gender, but there have been sites I rely on a male persona.. even now.

I do the same.
If you check my profile you'll see it states I'm a 41 year old male when I am in fact an absolutely stunning, statuesque 22 year old single female...
whistle.gif

Top Bottom