Server issue Checkboxes now showing in 2.3.0B4

ndahiya

Affected version
2.3.0 beta 4
Hi,

Did a clean install of 2.3.0 beta 4. None of the checkboxes in admin control panel are visible. have tried this with firefox, chrome, and edge.
See attached pics for a sample page. i see the same issue everywhere.

Just for comparison, did a clean install of 2.2.5, and they work just fine.

Attachments

• nocheckbox in 230b4.webp
    nocheckbox in 230b4.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 48
  • checkbox in 225.webp
    checkbox in 225.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 45
Hi,

Did a clean install of 2.3.0 beta 4. None of the checkboxes in admin control panel are visible. have tried this with firefox, chrome, and edge.
See attached pics for a sample page. i see the same issue everywhere.

Just for comparison, did a clean install of 2.2.5, and they work just fine.
I can confirm this and it frees me from having to look for the error in my installation.
Only the language barrier and the suspicion that the error might be "my fault" have held me back from reporting it.

It would be nice if this could be fixed in Beta 5. :)

1713542138269.webp
1713542268429.webp

Before upgrading to 2.3 B4, I deactivated all add-ons and set the default style of 2.2 as the default

Last edited:
Fixed...

The /styles/fa file or folder permissions are set incorrectly!

Set the permissions of the folder and its files and subfolders /styles/fa, recursively to 0775 (rwxrwxr-x)
Log out of the admin panel, then log in again and :D

Set the permissions of the folder and its files and subfolders /styles/fa, recursively to 0775 (rwxrwxr-x)
I wouldn't recommend that way. It's better to check the ownership of the files. Permission should be drwxr-xr-x
Maybe uploaded as root or admin and not chown to the apache user (e.g. www-data)

Fixed...

The /styles/fa file or folder permissions are set incorrectly!

Log out of the admin panel, then log in again and :D

This does not work.
In any case, with suphp, 755 should work just as well as 775.

EDIT: not working in 2.3.0 B5 either

Last edited:
I don't know your setup, folders/file permissions aren't changed or displayed with Suphp either.

In my setup, file/directory permissions that were too restrictive were the problem. Here only the owner, but not the user group, had access to folders and files, so resources could not be loaded, which caused the checkboxes to be missing.

I can't say from here where things are still stuck for you.
One starting point is to use the browser console (F12) on a page where the checkboxes are missing and look for error messages there.

the install script did not throw any errors. so either it is a bug of how the permission check is being done, or this is another issue (on at least some installs).

Last edited:
These should be served directly from your web server. If you visit styles/fa/regular/square.svg?v=5.15.3 for your installation, is it served correctly?

yes, i can download the svg file by browsing to it directly.

i have now tried firefox, chrome, edge, and safari. so it is not a simple render issue?

Last edited:
Had the same issue in a small test forum with Beta 1, changed nothing, problem vanished with Beta 2 - so maybe there is more to this.

There was a different issue affecting the first beta where the manifest was missing the icons causing them not to be copied properly.

Top Bottom