XF 1.5 Checkbox condition before posting?

creativeforge

Hi,

I'd like to make sure that on a specific forum, members CANNOT post UNTIL they check a box that states they agree with a DISCLAIMER. So they can write their review, but until they check the box, they cannot post their review.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Andre

OK, thanks for the note. Maybe I can just put a note that says that posting there implies agreement with the disclaimer.

Could I have a system of special permissions assigned to a forum specifically? I'm thinking out loud here, and even have a notice" show-up when someone (pre-approved member of that thread) wants to create a topic?

I'm looking for a way to do the following:

I created a category for reviews of products by members. There will be two (2) types of reviews:
1- those for which the poster DOES receive compensation from the manufacturer, or has an affiliate link, etc. and
2- those for which the poster does NOT receive any compensation.

I created a special users group "REVIEWERS" that only allows those who belong to it to CREATE NEW TOPICS, while the whole category permission would keep anyone from creating new topics but allow them to post replies and likes.

When I checked my own ability to post a new topic, I can do it - even if I didn't specifically grant myself permission there.

What am I missing?

If this is for a particular node (forum), you don't need to be setting the permissions in the user groups (which are global permissions), you should be setting them in the node itself.

In the node permissions, you need to Revoke the Post New Thread permission from the Registered group (which everyone should have as their primary user group). Then for the Reviewers user group you need to Allow the Post New Thread permission.

If this is for a particular node (forum), you don't need to be setting the permissions in the user groups (which are global permissions), you should be setting them in the node itself.

In the node permissions, you need to Revoke the Post New Thread permission from the Registered group (which everyone should have as their primary user group). Then for the Reviewers user group you need to Allow the Post New Thread permission.

Excellent! Now, is there a way to have a pop-up message or error notice that will let people know that on this particular node, only eligible reviewers can post?

Top Bottom