ChatbotGPT AI Spam Registrations and Posts

Mouth

Starting to see spam registrations and spam postings, where the content is very much like ChatGPT phrasing and language.
I feel this is going to bring a new wave of spam methodology.

Starting to see spam registrations and spam postings, where the content is very much like ChatGPT phrasing and language.
Yep, I'm getting a lot of these too. I'm not sure how we can combat it unless we use one of the AI APIs to run new members posts through.

Yes, I have seen these. Makes it much harder to spot the bot.

Or just as likely I think human spammers bothering to use ChatGPT to compose a more plausible reply while building up a post count to get beyond whatever approval limit you have set.

Have you tried fighting ChatGPT with ChatGPT? :D

Have you tried fighting ChatGPT with ChatGPT? :D
Too much is unclear about how and when that Addon operates to consider it, as displayed in its discussion.

I'm getting these on AVForums, now.
The bots won’t be able to register.
That's interesting. I'm going to look at your addon. I see that it has had very few recent updates which is reassuring.

The spam I’ve seen consists of a reply in existing threads, referencing the last reply’s author by name but without the @ tag.
The message is relevant to the thread, but has an element of irrelevance or nonsense to it, so it’s fairly obviously a ChatGPT type output.
Could bots automatically reply to threads in this way?
Note that in this case, the registration form was completed in 91 seconds. Can bots be set to ‘take their time’ registering?

We currently use
which I want to continue using as it provides extra information to help us identify human spammers.
I see that they work together.
Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom