Charlie Sheen is thinking about running for President

I think Arnie should be president, that'd be awesome :p
hehe

BITE yer tongue man....
spanking.gif

My opinion is this.....Obama is no worse of a president than any other in the shoes he is in. He is a puppet and when there is problems on stage you need to look for the guy at the other end of the strings not the frontman who takes all of the hits. He sets no more policies that your average citizen....he is just the steward if you will announcing it to the country. There was an agenda before he took an oath and he was briefed after..not before..just like every other president. People got him into office and in politics there is a big you owe me one game and it has been going on since soon after the inception of this country. If you don't believe me, tell me why you can register as a lobbyist (http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/register.html) and then tell me what, how and who benefits from these type of things. You make a lot of money so you fund someone to register as a lobbyist to try and exact a change to regulations in your favor. Whatever to all of that...I can accept that this is the way the US cooperation works and I am over that.

However.....if we ever have a Hollywood socialite upholding the Office of the President of the United States...you will see me take a step right over the ledge. Our country is not Jerry Springer's show and I am disgusted that people even throw these things around as viable options as to assume the leadership role of Commander in Chief of the military as well as supposed role model for the average citizen. I love Charlie Sheen, I grew up watching his movies, he entertained me he also does support certain things that I also am quite passionate about. With that aside...I would not want him running my country. I want someone running my country who's only concern, passions and energy goes into protecting our constitution so that all his/her choices will surely reflect that.

Aside from those facts, no celebrity should become president as it creates potential biases based not on issues at hand, but because of the possibilities of favoring of an individual because of things outside the political world.

My wish list for a president:
A president that will actually try to exact actions based on their campaign rhetoric.
No Bill Signing.
No Amendment Violating procedures.
No suspension of Posse Comitatus.
A person who treats the law without prejudice so he/she too lives like a REAL citizen.

If a person complies with the above AND understand the requirements of the job of that high office....they have my vote...I don't care what color creed or sex they are...just as long as they can do the job. I hope my next president is reading this.

I don't let him off the hook so easily Ant. He has made a couple of very important moves while bypassing congressional approval, and is threatening to do it again.

I can't wait til he's out of there.

I don't let him off the hook so easily Ant. He has made a couple of very important moves while bypassing congressional approval, and is threatening to do it again.

I can't wait til he's out of there.
I used to always think that....than I realized I was always about the moment...that is my nature. I know there is some national things at home such as decisions about medicare, medicaid and many other things that are quite out of the loop and he totally went around what I would agree is normal practice.

On the other hand what I have realized on the international scope of things is that there is a lot more to the decision of foreign policy than I am privy to but what I do know as a fact is that the president has a panel of advisers, The Joint Chiefs of Staff, and superlative personnel who help the CINC manage military affairs with his word being the final say. In my opinion Obama isn't a military man so to speak...it is my belief that he is a business man yet in times such as recent events overseas he makes military decisions acting as the commander in chief..I do not know if he acted outside of his purview as President but if he did, he did practice law ...
Wikipedia said:
He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004.
so he should know if he treads correct. In the end if he is not we would hopefully hold him accountable but if he does know something I don't and based on that knowledge is acting acutely to the situation then I would feel like an arse. I cannot judge the man as I am not privy to 99.99% of what he is briefed on in his first day in office...probably even when the sitting president is a lame duck but what I can say. It would be nice to know someday so I could ascertain the breadth of the truth...but now I am grasping at straws. I am joe average and not an ivy leaguer so I will never get in the club of what is now 44.

But bypassing congress is something that has been done heavily since the passing of the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 and most of the people who argued against it on a principle matter were trodden upon as being nuts. I am not sure but I can not find an unwarranted bypassing of government practice since the 16th amendment ratification which I happen to think was improperly put into place and or improperly followed per the interpretation defined and handed down by the upper courts and should be parented into lower court decisions as that is the way the rest of the legal system works. But again I don't know anything for sure....and it is frustrating to say the least.

We've had a few of them. Obama is just the worst of the bunch.
Yes Peggy. You political views are quite clear. ;)
Fact is, every President seems to inherit the mess left by the previous.
And it's sad that each party will blame the other. The parties spend more time bickering with each other than actually doing something about it.
I consider myself an independent. I've voted for Democrats. I've voted for Republicans.
Would we be had better off with McCain/Palin? No one can say.

And it's sad that each party will blame the other. The parties spend more time bickering with each other than actually doing something about it.
I consider myself an independent. I've voted for Democrats. I've voted for Republicans.

Yep, I agree with you.
I'm independent too, and have voted both parties.

I was considering moving back to Japan to deal with overbearing family there if McCain and Palin won :).

All political parties are two sides of the same coin...it is the illusion of choice they offer....I don't like to apply partisan names to myself because I don't care about political affiliation...I am American and from America. By that notion I don't need a party affiliation...I am already part of the American Party. To assign my self all the virtues of another person because they sport a donkey or an elephant is beyond me. I like to make my own decisions based on fact and not bias or coercion and for that same reason associating myself as an independent wouldn't make much sense even though I consider myself an independently-minded person.

As far as McCain/Palin goes...well I would rather have a warlock with tiger blood running my country if I had to side-by-side it.:D Not that either would be a wise decision.

Trump has got kahonies, you gotta give him that....
He's a spoiled child.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_17903604?nclick_check=1
"We don't care that you broke your commitment," Trump said Wednesday in a letter to Seinfeld, the contents of which mysteriously found their way to most news outlets, "even though the children of St. Jude are very disappointed, and despite the fact that your manager clearly stated you are 'truly a man of his word.' "... What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible "... Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."
That is not the sign of a diplomat.
What Trump doesn't understand is that a President alone cannot make decisions.
He can't fire those who don't agree with him. He can't fire the house and senate because they vote against him. And he can't appoint anyone he fells like.
Sarah Palin has a better understanding of the political system.

Top Bottom