1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the username color int he avatar holder.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Devilwillcry4you, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Devilwillcry4you

Devilwillcry4you Active Member

I did some color changes to the usergroups and got them changed everywhere except in the avatar holder. Where or what can I add to change them in there.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Be a little more exact... avatar holder in the sidebar or the one in the forums .messageUserblock area?

4. Tracy Perry

Brogan, correct me if I am wrong, but will that not effect the .sidebar .visitorPanel .username, or at least it didn't on my modification to it.

5. Tracy Perry

If you are talking about this one example.png

then the code that applies in EXTRA.css should be
    Code:
    .sidebar .visitorPanel .username {
    text-shadow: 1px 2px 2px black ;
    color:green;
    }
    Just put whatever color, etc codes you want there.

6. Devilwillcry4you

It was in the sidebar and I wanted it to go with the specfic color of the member group.

@brogan I read all that and that did the styling that way, changed everywhere except in there.

7. Tracy Perry

It works on most other places because in the templates it appears to have
    Code:
    <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
    or something similiar in it but for the sidebar_visitor_panel it doesn't. Will probably require a template edit. I'll play with it and see if I can figure out what (but mine will be trial and error - hopefully Brogan, Jake or someone more familiar with it will chime in).

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Ah, I didn't realise you meant the visitor panel in the sidebar.

I'm not sure how to get that to work as it's a phrase and helper rather than xen:username.

I tried a few things but no joy unfortunately.

9. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Any luck Tracy? I'm also looking for a template edit for sidebar_visitor_panel so that it can apply each member's group styling

10. Devilwillcry4you

I tried adding what Tracy posted without any luck.

11. Tracy Perry

No luck so far... and I don't think it's going to be possible using the default calls. If anyone was most likely to know, it would have been Brogan, as he is way more familiar with XF than I am. I will continue my attempts.

12. Devilwillcry4you

Thank you though for trying ;)

13. Tracy Perry

I just made a suggestion in the Tweaks & Small Features forum about this. Hopefully Kier or someone will reply. :D

Devilwillcry4you likes this.