XF 1.5 Changing The Main Forum Directory

LT Jennifer

I want to change the directory the forum is installed in from "troubles" to "forum" (so I can have more meaningful URLs). I suppose I have to:

(1) Rename the forum directory.

(2) Change the pointer at the server to point to the new directory.

(3) Change Options > Basic Board Information > Board URL from "www.........../troubles" to "www.........../forum".

Is there anything else I need to do? I'm not going to break it if I do, will I? Does each post in the database store the directory name "troubles"?

JF

Brogan, I am getting ready to change my XF directory from /forums to /community. It looks really silly to have /forums/forums in the URL. Can you please give me the rewrite rule for that? And would I place that in the .htacces that would be in the new /community directory?

Point 5 of that documention covers that part too.

I am aware of that, but I am not sure of the correct rewrite. Also, I just wanted to be clear in what directory the rewrite will be placed, in the new /community directory?

Yes, the rewrite must be placed in the .htaccess file which must be in the root of your forum folder. e.g. in the new community directory.

If you're renaming a directory, you need to put (just) this in a .htaccess file in the old directory:
Code:
Redirect permanent /old-directory http://yourdomain.com/new-directory
That should suffice.

Top Bottom