1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Message to New User Awaiting Approval

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Core Freedom, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm a bit of a challenging time finding the place where I can amend the on-screen message to a new customer. I just did a test sign up, I get an email to be verified, which I did, and on screen it asks me to introduce myself and to upload an avatar. However, when I try clicking on these two options I am told that I don't have permission to access this area. This is logical to me since all my users are manually approved. However, this is not logical to the customer. Can I add a sentence somewhere that tells them that their account takes up to 12 hours to get approved?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't recognize that message. Maybe it's a notice you created?

Admin CP -> Home -> Notices

Core Freedom likes this.
  3. Core Freedom

Hi Jake, no, I think I may have found it, it's a Xenfans welcome block add-on. But I can't find the place to make changes and I can't seem to find their add on here anymore. Where did they go?

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would have been one of Floris's addons. He has long since disappeared. He deleted his forum account as well as the xenfans site.

Core Freedom likes this.
  5. Core Freedom

6. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with that add on but usually the changes for the text/wording is done either through a language phrase or it might be hard coded. All you have to do is find the phrase or the hard coded text and change it.

7. Core Freedom

Oh, I didn't make myself clear. It's not an add on. I hired a separated coder to do this. All I'm hoping to find out is what type of coding this is (C++, Ruby on Rails, PHP, etc.). :)