1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Changing forum-read/unread images

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by tcmw, Feb 27, 2014.

1. tcmw

tcmw Member

How do you go about changing the forum-read and unread images? I'm still new to XF and all the styling .....
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you mean the node icons:

3. tcmw

tcmw Member

Yes that. My other question is... when I go to look, both the read and unread image paths are the same on that page..... how does XF know when to show the read or unread pictures?

I want to add a custom node icon... just basic... one thats read and one thats unread (different icons)
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The sprite position is different for read and unread.

Set it to 0 0 for both if you want to use two different image files.
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can change the paths (and should). By default, they are sprited, so the Position attribute is used.
  6. tcmw

tcmw Member

Great, thanks guys.
  7. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

Hey guys,
    I'm just starting on this too. I have two custom (forum-read.png and forum-unread.png) images that I expected I could just replace the default/widgets. Can you walk me through this? Its a bit confusing above.

8. vbuser

vbuser Active Member

If you make your icons the same dimensions as the default ones, use photoshop and replace them in the node-sprite.png. You'll avoid the steps above.
    audiokid likes this.
  9. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

Thanks vbuser.

What are the ones in the widget directory for?
  10. vbuser

vbuser Active Member

Sorry. I'm at work and can't look.