• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Changing forum dictonary

Andrej

Well-known member
#1
Hello,
Where how do i change my forum dictionary? It used to be /var/www/html/forums, but now it's /var/www/rocketslice.com/forums. Where is the setting file/table for this? When trying to do anything at the forum, I get the 404 Not Found error.
 

Andrej

Well-known member
#3
Forum dictionary?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you've changed the location of your forum:

How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory. You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455
The problem here is that I can't login or access the Admin CP. And no, I don't have changed the installation URL, just switched to ngix. (And then restored a backup of the forum)
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#4
I'm still not clear what it is you've done.
Have you moved the location of the installation?

If so, double check the path you are trying to access.
Also try clearing any cache on the server, if implemented.
 

Andrej

Well-known member
#5
  1. http://rocketslice.com/forums/ is where the forum located. I took backup of this directory, and the database.
  2. I changed from Apache to Nginx
  3. Restored the backup and put the forum back to the same URL: http://rocketslice.com/forums/
  4. I visit http://rocketslice.com/forums/ and then I try to log inn, and I get 404 Not Found. The same happens for the other links.
So I have not changed the URL at all. Maybe you can take a look yourself please, I can give you the details you need.
 

Andrej

Well-known member
#7
I guess so. The current forum wants to direct members list to /forums/member for example, which does not exist.

I will try to enable friendly URLs and see if that fixes the issue.
 

Andrej

Well-known member
#8
I just tried enabling friendly URLs and restarting all services, that didn't do the trick. Still having same issue.