Changing Domain Query

XF-Fan

Hello,

I've just recently acquired a XF license and have a question in regards to changing the domain name.
I want to change the domain name of my forum and want to know if the files have to be updated as well on the server? The reason why I ask is because at vBulletin, license/domain changes requires the updating of files on the server because apparently the license details are contained within the files (so I've been told).

All I intend to do is change the domain name on the existing hosting account, so no files/database will change, so is it ok to just update the new domain on the xenForo Customers area only and the forum settings? Or do I have to generate a new download and upload the files again?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much for your help!

I believe there is a license key embedded in your files somewhere, but nothing to do with the domain name.

This means you can use the same files with no need to upload them or update them. All you need to do is change the URLs in the Basic Board Information options of the Admin CP.

You should also log into the customer area, and update the license to the correct domain name: http://xenforo.com/customers

Top Bottom