XF 1.1 Changing database connection credentials?

Sway

I recently forgot my database password, and will have to go in, and change that. I am working on installing mediawiki on my website but do not currently have my password so i need to set a new one through ssh. Is there a way i can add my new database credentials though my admin panel or would i have to manually edit a file with a new password hash? :oops:

Edit: Google Chrome's password storage saved my butt. >.<

For the future, if you have a working install of XenForo, your database connection information would always be stored in your config.php file. It's stored in clear text, so you could easily see the username and password settings. If you needed to change the credentials for database access, you would change this file. You cannot change it through the Admin Control Panel.

For the future, if you have a working install of XenForo, your database connection information would always be stored in your config.php file. It's stored in clear text, so you could easily see the username and password settings. If you needed to change the credentials for database access, you would change this file. You cannot change it through the Admin Control Panel.
Thank you, I appreciate the information. I will keep this in mind the next time i have an issue like this.

Top Bottom