MG 2.0 Changing albums privacy

There’s no option over it unfortunately.
Why was this removed? I really can't understand why you would force private media without any option to change default, relying on users to remember and know to turn it on. These are images, which are there to be viewed, by others. The times users would want private instead of public would have to be far less than 1% of use surely?

I see this option is still not available in admin. Is there plans to restore this functionality that was present in XFMG 1? I don't understand why this isn't a bigger issue for forum owners. It's incredible the amount of options in MG1 that were completely stripped out in MG2.

I'd like to move to XF2 soon but this is going to be a big issue for me which I guess is going to require me modifying XFMG to resolve?

It's incredible the amount of options in MG1 that were completely stripped out in MG2.
It is incredible, and for the most part no one has batted an eye which simply ratifies that removing them was the correct thing to do. XFMG 1.x had a bit of a bloated feel when it came to options and permissions and this was really a hangover from before it was an official product.

That said, if there has been any complaints at all about missing options between XFMG 1 and 2 then this would be it.

As of XFMG 2.1 Beta 1 we're re-introducing the default view privacy option:

Coupled with the permission which can disable changing the album privacy, it essentially means you can force a particular album view privacy and users won't be able to change it (so personal albums could be all private or all public etc.)

It is incredible, and for the most part no one has batted an eye which simply ratifies that removing them was the correct thing to do.
Yeah I've noticed a lack of complaints, I guess cutting down on bloat was indeed worth it :) I'm always a proponent for more options and let the admin decide what they want to do. However, lots of options can also result in query bloat and code maintenance issues. Understood.

As of XFMG 2.1 Beta 1 we're re-introducing the default view privacy option:
Thank you! This would have been a problem for me moving to XF2 very soon so I really appreciate this returning.
Coupled with the permission which can disable changing the album privacy, it essentially means you can force a particular album view privacy and users won't be able to change it (so personal albums could be all private or all public etc.)
Yep, it's an ideal combination. Thank you.

Top Bottom