XF 1.4 Changing Acc. Upgrade date -> PayPal not updated?

Blt950

Hello, I've a question regarding account upgrades.

I've have upgrades which automatically renew themselves. Though we decided to give some of our subscribers one free month extra to jump over a payment. Does this postponed payment on forums gets sent to PayPal? Because when I check the subscription profile on PP it's still unchanged.

Or maybe its gets updated on the day they're supposed to pay?

No, subscription is setup on PayPal, not on forum.

Forum renews subscription when it receives IPN from PayPal. You can't change (or even cancel) subscription, only user can change it on PayPal website.

Yeah I know the subscription is setup on PayPal.
So if i understand correctly: All our users who are going to jump one payment needs to log in their PayPal and skip the payment themselves? I can't do that for them?
Though at least the forum rank will stay that extra month?

I don't think PayPal has any concept of that in their subscription system. I'm not sure if they can stop the payment for one month, short of just stopping the subscription and then repurchasing it later (once it has expired).

You can't do anything. Subscription is setup on PayPal side, not on forum. Only user has access to it. You can't change or even cancel it.
Maybe not change, but I've cancelled subscriptions before, so I know that's possible. Oh well, I suppose I need to find a better solution then..

Top Bottom