Implemented Change wrench icon to edit one in text editor

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That's the "post a thread" icon in the post thread buttons. Why would you want that to toggle bbcode?

Last edited:
I don't see the big deal nitpicking a wheel to wrench icon as people will adjust and new members won't know what was history. If it's that important to keep the wheel on your forum, and you can't modify it yourself, $10 ought to go a long way to appease your members.

The real focus should be on core functions and not stylistic changes as they're mere template edits in comparison so developers can focus on bigger things that, by the looks of it, many have wanted for almost a decade now.

And minor suggestions take time from real development, where if it's so minor, one could do it on their own community as opposed to closed door discussions to implement it XF wide when it could literally take you 5 minutes to do on your own but hours of XF finding common ground.

All platform changes—take WordPress into consideration—when they opted to change the editor, people bailed and forked it.

[…] when it could literally take you 5 minutes to do on your own […]
You do not know how long it would take me to.

It's not circumspect to depict the situation in either/or categories. Big things coexist with small ones. We're in the phase when minor stuff are being fine-tuned for XF 2.2. Thus my suggestion. Let's leave it at this.

All suggestions are welcome, even minor. They new system should help in moving the lesser voted down the list so we should not discourage suggestions from anyone.

You do not know how long it would take me to.

It's not circumspect to depict the situation in either/or categories. Big things coexist with small ones. We're in the phase when minor stuff are being fine-tuned for XF 2.2. Thus my suggestion. Let's leave it at this.
Point taken. If it's not fine tuned, I'll attempt a template edit for this and contribute it for free when 2.2 is released with the wrench if this suggestion is not taken into consideration.
All suggestions are welcome, even minor. They new system should help in moving the lesser voted down the list so we should not discourage suggestions from anyone.
Another good point.

Just voicing my opinion on R&D time for an icon when there are 1st party add on developments I'm awaiting over something as simple as this.

No offense to the OP but if downvote was enabled it might help in situations where instead of being vocal about disapproval one could downvote. I don't think they are going to enable it (yet) though so we should give it time to see if the upvote-only helps the cream rise to the top. :)

Top Bottom