XF 1.5 Change username

WareManu

I want to let my users change their username. I know there is an add-on which costs ~$10, is it recommended to pay for such a feature or is it another way to go?

I want to let my users change their username. I know there is an add-on which costs ~$10, is it recommended to pay for such a feature or is it another way to go?
Sorry to appear nannying, but have you thought through the repercussions of letting people change their usernames. It can get very confusing for other members.

I do let people change their name if requested, but I put a temporary user title , e.g. "formerly known as..." so other members know who is who. just saying...

Sorry to appear nannying, but have you thought through the repercussions of letting people change their usernames. It can get very confusing for other members.

I do let people change their name if requested, but I put a temporary user title , e.g. "formerly known as..." so other members know who is who. just saying...
Yes, I have thought through that and I want something automated.
It would be perfect if there was a name change history button on the profiles and of course some limitations of name changing (cooldown).

But... what do you guys recommend me to do?

You could create a custom user field and then send a conversation to members with their username history, if they want to keep track and ask you.

Top Bottom