• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Change thread titles in thread view into URL links

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Open the thread_view template.

Find this on the second line:
HTML:
<xen:h1>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</xen:h1>

Replace with this:
HTML:
<xen:h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</a></xen:h1>

This does exactly the same as clicking the thread creation date so it is a bit superfluous in that respect but it might make it easier for some.

So in the case of this thread it would make the following text into a URL link:

thread_view.webp

Hi Brogan,

Just to clarify... this mod will basically take you to the first post everytime you click the thread title instead of taking you to the most recent post?

it'll change the big title text at the top of the thread into a link.

Just to clarify... this mod will basically take you to the first post everytime you click the thread title instead of taking you to the most recent post?
As Mikey posted above, it just changes the thread title when in this view to a url link.
I've added a screenshot to the first post to clear up any confusion.

As Mikey posted above, it just changes the thread title when in this view to a url link.
I've added a screenshot to the first post to clear up any confusion.

Hi Brogan,

Thanks. I realise now the "thread view" not "forum view" part lol. 3:30am... think its bed time.... cheers

Er... Instead of

HTML:
<xen:h1>{$thread.title}</xen:h1>

With 1.1 it now looks like this:

HTML:
<xen:h1>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</xen:h1>

so instead of this:

HTML:
<xen:h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{$thread.title}</a></xen:h1>

make it this?

HTML:
<xen:h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</a></xen:h1>

FWIW, clicking the date in the thread description under the title will always take you to the first post too.

This is mainly for my own use on my own site, so I can quickly and easily get back to the first post of a thread, no matter what page I am on.

Although it's a small-template edit, it's EXTREMELY convenient. It makes perfect sense. Thanks Brogan.

Top Bottom