1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Change Stickied Threads Background Color in Discussion List

Discussion in 'Template Modifications [Archive]' started by Rocket, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

So this is obviously pretty simple, but I did it and figured some others might want to do it.

Its as simple as adding a line of CSS to your themes 'discussion_list.css' template

li.sticky .main { background: #D7EDFC; }

Replace the Hex Code with any color you'd like, you can also use the calls to put in a part of your themes color scheme

You can see it here:
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

That's much easier to do than using a mod in VB.
    I have this in my vb 3.8 and I believe it looks better if you make changes to the last 2 columns as well.

I have an example of this (in VB) on my site at http://www.quantnet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25
  3. Rocket

Rocket Member

That is easy as well.

Just change it to this:

li.sticky .main,
    li.sticky .posterAvatar,
    li.sticky .stats,
    li.sticky .lastPost { background: #D7EDFC; }

4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

OMG Rocket, you're a champion. I've been looking at how to do this for a few days now :)
  5. TimWF

TimWF Active Member

Nice little tweak, when doing this on a test installation I went with putting the css in custom css page that was used in another tutorial (the snow at the top of the nav) called EXTRA.css. Might make sense for others to go this route will make it easier to update your template if you have your tweaks in a separate file. :)

Thanks for sharing!