Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum)

Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum) 1.0

No permission to download
Hey, I'm new to writing mods. Lemme check everything over my end and make an update. Really sorry.

This has me stumped..... I can't see why the value isn't getting saved but I'll keep looking. Have asked another coder to take a look too so bear with me.
:)

Ok, this has stumped me and another prolific xF add on developer.... it's going to take more time to figure out. Sorry guys!

Ok, this has stumped me and another prolific xF add on developer.... it's going to take more time to figure out. Sorry guys!
In your code event listener, your hint is XenForo_DataWriter_Forum, but in your Listen.php file you are checking that the class is equal to XenForo_DataWriter_Node, so it is only ever going to be equal to XenForo_DataWriter_Forum, and so it will always fail!

Well, I've changed that but still getting an issue. I'll tag you in another thread @Jon W , thanks for your help.

Rob updated Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum) with a new update entry:

Stable Release - Refactored

Re-factored code to use the xf_forum table instead of xf_node so it only gets applied to forum nodes, not all nodes.

Added code into installer to remove old field in xf_node and create new field in xf_forum.

Note:
  1. You will need to re-edit any forum nodes you have already applied this to (sorry!)
  2. You can remove this file, it's no longer required: /library/NewThreadButtonText/DataWriter/Node.php

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Rob , i´ve found an new problem :)

If someone create a new thread, the changed text for the button will be deleted.
If someone write an answer in a thread, the same problem.

So, have fun :D

Top Bottom