Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum)

Change "Post New Thread" Button (per forum) 1.0

No permission to download

Rob

Rob submitted a new resource:

Change the "Post New Thread" Button Text, per forum - Change the "post new thread" button text on a per forum basis

This very simple simple modification will allow you to replace the "post new thread" button text on a per forum basis.

Example:
1. If you have an "introductions" forum.... you can change the "Post New Thread" button text to "Post New Introduction"
2. If you have a "news" forum, you could change the button text to "Add News"

I've not included screenshots because I think this is all self explanatory.
To set the button text, just edit a node - you'll find the extra option under the node...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the addon!
It is planned to change the word "Create thread" here?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2015-07-14 в 18.46.10.webp
    Снимок экрана 2015-07-14 в 18.46.10.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 60
I'm getting this error creating new categories:
Screen shot 2015-07-15 at 2.36.19 PM.webp
PHP:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'newthread_button_title' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Rafass, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/foro/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/foro/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/foro/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_node', Array)
#4 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Category.php(89): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionSave()
#8 /home/foro/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/foro/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "https://mysite/admin.php?categories/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["categories/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["title"] => string(12) "Area General"
    ["description"] => string(0) ""
    ["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["display_order"] => string(1) "1"
    ["display_in_list"] => string(1) "1"
    ["node_type_id"] => string(8) "Category"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(23) "/admin.php?nodes/insert"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Produce this error even with the addon disabled. any idea? thanks!

Hmmm.... are you able to run this mysql query?

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_node ALTER COLUMN newthread_button_title SET DEFAULT ''

I think that should fix it. I'll update that in the next release, thanks for reporting

I've identified that one of the template modifications is not assigned to the mod, so it didn't get exported (how noob is that, haha). As a result, replacements on the new thread page won't work currently.
I'll make another release later when I get back.

Hmmm.... are you able to run this mysql query?
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_node ALTER COLUMN newthread_button_title SET DEFAULT ''
I think that should fix it. I'll update that in the next release, thanks for reporting
Hello Rob, thanks for your reply. I haven't tested yet, (I've been quite busy)
anyway I'm seeing another release and according with your last message one more is coming,
I'll wait the next release and I'll try again.
Thank you!

Reactions: Rob
Does not work on my forum. I enter the button text. Click save. But it is not saved. The field is still empty.

Thank you.

I've identified that one of the template modifications is not assigned to the mod, so it didn't get exported (how noob is that, haha). As a result, replacements on the new thread page won't work currently.
I'll make another release later when I get back.
I'm a noob in this things, I have my technical administrator and he is responsible for that. Could you define the problem closer?

Edit:

Maybe not working because of German ä ö ü and ß?

Last edited:
Top Bottom