Resource icon

Change Post Date by Xon 2.2.0

No permission to download
I want to be sure this is also to change the thread creation date. Is that true? Can i see a picture of how the inline link looks?
Also, would be nice if we could change the creation date on making the first thread so we don't have to do things twice. I'm looking for this option but i can't find a solution anywhere.

I want to be sure this is also to change the thread creation date. Is that true? Can i see a picture of how the inline link looks?
It is literally a link in a standard form. There is a a screenshot in the post before you.

The thread creation date is not touched by the add-on.

My co-admin and I are using this tool and have noticed that there are times when we check the box and Change Post Date does not show up on the menu. If we uncheck and try again, it will often show up, sometimes after leaving and returning to the thread. Still testing to see if I can identify a trigger but though I would post in case there are any thoughts on why it might be a bit flaky like this. In general, though, liking it and getting some mileage out of it.

(Use case: I am starting weekly threads and often write them "backstage" in a private forum the previous week, then move them out to a public forum on Sunday when the new one is supposed to "go live". Since I often wrote them days before, I am using Change Post Date to make the post date match the date I make them public. My co-admin is doing much the same.)

I have this installed on latest XF2.2 and it is working as stated. I have thread starter posts that I want to publish each of these on a future date/time.

This causes a problem when the future date is set because all of the (future) threads now show up as the Latest posts.

Two questions:
1) is there a way to bypass these being in the Latest posts until their publish date?
2) is there a way to not actually publish the post until the future date is being set to?

Thanks
Paul

The best way would be to have a forum which is skipped by Latest Posts, as it purely looks at the thread last post date.

Top Bottom