Not a bug Change of username

teletubbi

Today I saw something where I need a explanation.

We had a user who want to change his name.
Not a big deal at all.

But if I look in gallery the albums there are still listed under his old name.
How does it comes?

He can access it with his new name. Also permission are in order. So the albums reflect the new name with all permission.

Just say on top albums of user A where I should be albums of user B

The change of this username was done several months ago.
Should this not be done automatically in this time?

I saw it only today because I was checking something else in gallery.

I just gave this a test and double checked the code was correct (there's not a lot of scope for it to go wrong) and everything looks and works how I would expect it to. All of the albums and media inside the albums, the owner is listed as the new name.

The only thing I can think of, really, is whether the process to change the content was somehow disrupted. It's potentially an operation that can take some time, but I think it would be clear if it had failed.

As I wrote this change was about 2 or 3 month ago.

But I also explain it wrong.

On the member card I choose album of user.
Than I am in the gallery where it shows me his albums. Here the name has changed. So everything like it should. But if I go inside his album it shows me the old name on top above the pictures.

It is nothing what disturb really because everything else is working like expected.

The username doesn't actually appear anywhere "above the pictures".

This is a view of the contents of an album:

upload_2016-7-25_13-10-40.webp

The only place the username appears is in the sidebar.

In my testing, this is correct.

However, are you talking about the title of the album? In this case the album title is "Test Album".

If his album actually contains his old name in the title, this wouldn't be updated.

You are right it was the title of the album.
This Titel was generated by the VB software for new users and imported when we did the switch.

I changed i now by hand.

Top Bottom