XF 2.2 Change color of default avatar?

So I added a default avatar image. I went here....

Screenshot_40.webp

and then did this..

Screenshot_41.webp

and the default avatar still didn't change.. so I had to go here and remove the checkmark from Enable dynamic default avatars as you see below.

Screenshot_39.webp

I found the answer to this issue from this older post: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/settings-default-avatar-image.136588/#post-1386981

I posted here only so that the next person looking for an answer to changing default avatar can see this :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_39.webp
    Screenshot_39.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 4
Dynamic avatars take precedence if enabled and even if you have a default avatar defined I have found.
Also, the color background for the dynamic are done on an apparent random basis and cannot be easily chanaged.

And you simply did what I said.. you added a default avatar and disabled the dynamic ones.. which you cannot control the background color of unless you have an add-on that specifically deals with dynamic avatars.
There is a difference between default avatars and dynamic avatars.

Dynamic avatars take precedence if enabled and even if you have a default avatar defined I have found.
Also, the color background for the dynamic are done on an apparent random basis and cannot be easily chanaged.

I understood you saying that the dynamic avatars take precedence EVEN if I have a default avatar defined - to me I understood that as saying that regardless if I have defined an avatar, the dynamic avatars are still generated and show on the forum.

I understood you saying that the dynamic avatars take precedence EVEN if I have a default avatar defined - to me I understood that as saying that regardless if I have defined an avatar, the dynamic avatars are still generated and show on the forum.
That is correct... if you have enabled dynamic avatars, they take precedence (at least on my site running 2.2.10) over the default avatar setting.

Top Bottom