Change admin password

If you're just changing your own password, you can (and probably should) do it via the front end. Otherwise you can do it on the user edit page for your account (may depend on you being a super admin though).

If you're just changing your own password, you can (and probably should) do it via the front end. Otherwise you can do it on the user edit page for your account (may depend on you being a super admin though).
Where do you mean? Because I am trying to do this, but can't find where exactly. I am Super Admin.

I have aMember integration so my accounts are separate, I have to log in twice. once as a user, then as xenforo admin, so changing that password in the drop down won't change my xenforo admin.

When I was setting up the integration, I was told the accounts have to be separate for security and that's why I have to log in twice. Because I remember asking why I have to log in twice and if there is a way to have it as one single account and was told I can't because of security reasons, I was told that by Xenforo staff and I am pretty sure it was you lol

Anyway, aMember won't be able to help because my Xenforo admin account is completely separate from aMember and so is not registered via aMember.

It wouldn't have been me as I don't know anything about aMember.

All I ever respond with when someone asks about aMember integration is it's something we can't support as it's a third party application.

Yes, but I'm struggling to understand why it would work from the ACP but not from the account page, but then I don't know how aMember works or what it does to a default XF installation.

Well, from what I can remember at the time of setting up the integration, aMember handles all registrations, so any users that register after integration get redirected to aMember's sign up page. Any members that register this way, I can change their passwords via aMember's CP. But, my Xenforo admin wasn't created this way, because obviously I had this account before the integration.

So, this means my Xenforo admin has nothing to do with aMember, it's a completely separate account. If it was created via aMember then I could change my password via that CP.

When I go to "account/security" via xenforo account menu, it redirects to aMember account page.

Again though, this doesn't help because Xenforo admin has nothing to do with aMember so I can't even log into Xenforo forum using my admin details because they are not registered with aMember, I have to log in as a user to my forum via aMembers redirect and then log in again to xenforo admin CP.

And at the time, having to do this frustrated me, but now I appreciate having it's double security, so my user account has been made a moderator, this account was registered via aMember and works fine. My Xenforo admin account is another account all together, which is my super admin account that was registered via Xenforo when purchased.

Anyway, I don't know what to do, only wanted to change my password so I can give you my details to help with my moderation queue problem lol

But it looks like I can't even change my admin password, not even in the future, which is quite worrying.

I was thinking of creating a new account via aMember and making that admin, but then it takes away the double log in security which I now like having in place.

Unfortunately I can't help as I don't use aMember and I am not familiar with it.
We can't support third party applications which fundamentally change how the core software works.
You will have to get support from aMember if you aren't able to change the password in the usual manner.

It's likely that your ticket related to the moderation queue may be related to the aMember integration.

I'm not sure how it would be when everything else works fine with aMember integration. Like I said, adding a thread for moderation works, because it stays checked and is highlighted, but it doesn't show on moderation bar or on moderation page, so it seems to me that something is missing there that connects these together. aMember just redirects registration and log ins.

Anyway, I've made another account and made that admin, it's set up via aMember, so only needs one log in, it's not super admin because I don't know how to create one of those, but I'll send you the details and if you wouldn't mind taking a look at the moderation queue problem for me, everything else isn't an issue really, well, maybe knowing how to create a super admin would be handy to lol

I'll send the details over now

Top Bottom