Censored IPs are able to post

polle

I am censoring IPs from spammers because I have a guest node where everyone can reply to the threads.

I have every day new spam replies there and I censor each IP every day.

The problem is that some days when I am about to censor a new IP, I see its already censored.

What to do ?

Thanks.

I am censoring IPs from spammers because I have a guest node where everyone can reply to the threads.

I have every day new spam replies there and I censor each IP every day.

The problem is that some days when I am about to censor a new IP, I see its already censored.

What to do ?

Thanks.
You mean banned, right?

Because there is a word censor list and there is also a ban ip list. Make sure you're using the ban ip list.

^^ I know that may sound simple, but I knew someone who got the two confused.

Yes, there is discouraged and banned, I am using banned. In my translation it says censored IPs, thats why I used that term, but the URL points to banning/ips, so yes, I am using banning.

What to do ?

Thanks.

Yes, there is discouraged and banned, I am using banned. In my translation it says censored IPs, thats why I used that term, but the URL points to banning/ips, so yes, I am using banning.

What to do ?

Thanks.
I've never known a banned IP to still be able to post on the site. Now keep in mind if you didn't ban the user; they could simply use a proxy and change their IP address.

Are you 100% sure the IP address matches the post and have you also banned the user?

Have you recently changed your permission setting for banned users. There should be a user group called ban or banned. Make sure people in this group do not have access to do so.

There is no user.
Yes, the IP is the same, I have a list of banned IPs and the number is the same.
I have not changed anything in permissions.

So the banning its not working at all.

What can I do ?

Banned IP's would still fall under the banned user group (even if they are guest IP's). So I would double check that.

I've never allowed guest to post or ever heard of IP's not being banned. That's a new one...

What other add-on's do you have installed? Can you post a link to your site? I'd be willing to look into this for you....

(You could use htaccess to ban IP's. There is even an option in cPanel or Direct Admin to do it on the fly)

Top Bottom