CAUSES OF: Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

swatme

Hi

any idea what really causes this error:
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

its shown when replying in conversation and replying in threads

It is usually related to a stale/expired token.

Is your site switching between the www and non-www version when trying to reply to messages?

Do you have any add-ons installed?

If it's always shown, then there's likely an issue with an add-on/templates or a server issue. Otherwise, you shouldn't practically run into it (unless you leave pages open for days).

If it's always shown, then there's likely an issue with an add-on/templates or a server issue. Otherwise, you shouldn't practically run into it (unless you leave pages open for days).

i remove already all the add-ons like taigachat azucloud.
still same error occurs.

when you say you leave pages for days, does that mean when you check the "Stay Logged in" on login bar form?

when you say you leave pages for days, does that mean when you check the "Stay Logged in" on login bar form?

Not the login option. He means the security token can expire if, for example, you begin replying to a thread but you don't submit the reply for days, during which time the same "reply page" is open.

If not an addon and not idle time it may be your PHP configuration. I will quote a previous post of mine:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/upload-security-error-occurred.25166/#post-305452

Does the error happen every time?

Some guesses:

1) You were idle for too long before submitting the form.

2) You are running suhosin (hardened php). Suhosin can truncate form submissions if limits are exceeded. If the security token is truncated it will result in this error.

3) An addon or customization that is misbehaving.

thanks jake.

still got the same error. for testing this is what i did using firefox.

-lastweek i completely clear my browser cache.
-then i login and checked stay login
-i usually recieved more than 5 conversations
-when im inside the conversations lists, i right click each conversation and open new tab
-i reply to each pm using his own firefox tab where its open,
-some conversations reply is working ok
-but theres this one conversation thats getting that error again "security error occured"
-no matter what i do click submit, refresh browser, go back the conversation lists, open the conversation again
and submit the message. still same security error occured

so i logged out my account, then login again, when i checked the specific conversation,
the reply i made is already posted. :confused:

so whats really the problem here?

i opened the phpinfo and theres no suhosin mentioned in the page.

:(
im still getting same error, maybe because im getting more than 5 conversations/day

Use to get this a lot using facebook canvas as things change between facebook url's and canvas url's. i went into controller.php and commented out the trigger and have never seen the error since.

I've been just affected by such error message and I wanted to share a fix.

This error might be caused by a MySQL table that has crashed and repairing such table can solve the problem.

Dragging up an old post here, but i started getting this error today also.

Ive only added one addon today and i have disabled it and the error still happens. I have checked this thread and i dont have the suhosin. Any other ideas ? should i completely remove the addon i added today ?

I am also experiencing this error for the first time on a pretty bare bones xenforo install. One of our users got the message: "Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again." It occurred while the user was on the account page.

Yeah, I kinda let my forum sit for a year, and now I'm having this same issue :( I never really launched it, so now it's 503 spam users, and myself. I went through and clicked 'reject' on all 503, get this error every time when I click 'Process Users' Any advice?

In this case, you're running into PHP's max_input_vars setting. Increasing it can be a little tricky, so the easiest thing to do is to manually delete (via the user edit page) 5-10 of those users. Alternatively, if you're deleting all of them, you can use the batch update users tool to identify them by their user state and delete them.

In this case, you're running into PHP's max_input_vars setting. Increasing it can be a little tricky, so the easiest thing to do is to manually delete (via the user edit page) 5-10 of those users. Alternatively, if you're deleting all of them, you can use the batch update users tool to identify them by their user state and delete them.
This worked like a charm, thank you! Still have 24 pages of spam users that somehow made it through the approval, but I can't find the batch updates user tool to mass delete them.

Top Bottom