I think this page has a lot of potential.
The main issue is to create ALTERNATE category_view pages so the structure is the same but more components change according to which Category it is.
Here's a mockup of two different Category_View pages:
Differences to code -
1. Page titles are different colours. This follows on Jake Bunce styling of the Category Title on the top level node tree.
1A. Background of the Title boxes are different colours. Same as Jake Bunce styling of the Category bar gradient on the top level node tree.
(the size, border and shadow of the title box is global and can be set in Style Groups already.)
2. Title graphic. Same as the Category icon on Jake Bunce's individualisedCategory bars. However this is set separately as it can be desirable to have a more detailed graphic, similar but richer, here. Or add a seasonal surprise!
3. Category Description taken from the Category bar on the node tree.
4. Title colour of the threads or subforum titles is same as the Page Title.
5. Moderator box to left to display Avatar and Username linked to Membercard) for these forums.
6. Section of page below the threads/ subforums for further content.
Most of this already exists with Jake's coding in EXTRA.css
just need to draw it on to this page.
The central issue to start is to tell this page to allow different content - colours, text, graphic, moderator display, depending on which category it is.
Look forward to my next lesson!