1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Category and Title Bar Change Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tylerbr, Dec 11, 2014.

1. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

I have been playing with the colors a little bit, and am trying to get a few things changed. I did change the category bar color and got sort of the result I was looking for, but wanting to remove the shades and lightness-

[​IMG]

What I am trying to achieve is what is in the below image; but I am only able to get that solid block by changing repeat to Y or X- and obviously that break in the middle looks terrible. How can I get the bar to look like this without it?

[​IMG]

And, I am also trying to find a way to change the title bar (title, start date, replies, views, etc), but am having a difficult time locating where I can change that in the style property. Any guidance would be appreciated.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Style Properties > Building Blocks > Sub-Heading

Remove the gradient.

For the title bar, what do you want to change? The text color?

mike606 and tylerbr like this.
  3. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

Awesome, thank you. Exactly what I was hoping for.
    I'm actually trying to change the title bar color to match the color in the index node categories. Come to think of it though, if I do make the bar darker, I am probably going to have to change the text to white as well.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Same location as above, then. Change the text and background colors to suit.

upload_2014-12-11_13-17-37.png

5. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

That did it. Thanks again for your help. very much appreciated.

Amaury likes this.
  6. ekim

ekim Member

Hi, what do you mean "Remove the gradient"? Thank you!

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Remove what's in the Image box.

ekim likes this.
  8. ekim

ekim Member

Thanks a lot @Maru !

Amaury likes this.