Cat breeds forum SjEd

so many forums...lots with a couple of threads or a couple of posts in them.
Why make life so hard for users???

Use prefixes and get rid of 75% of the forums on there...
Thank you for your feedback.

It is difficult to reduce the number of forums to a minimum because we get:
Medical, general information, nutrition, what your cat needs etc etc, each with its own topic ....

so many forums...lots with a couple of threads or a couple of posts in them.
Why make life so hard for users???

Use prefixes and get rid of 75% of the forums on there...
I can honestly say prefixes don't tend to work that well with these types of animal forums. Due to the complexity of animals it's actually more often easier with many forums than using prefixes and concentrate the forum.

Also "animal people" more than often tend to lack of computer skills which makes the idea of keeping things simple kind of important. Having just clear forum headlines makes it easier for people with limited skills.

Even so myself would most likely have chosen to use just the main category headlines as forums for initial set up and split them up in to more forums when they've grown real big.

@Lindal_Oronar I really like the idea keep up the good work! :)

I can honestly say prefixes don't tend to work that well with these types of animal forums. Due to the complexity of animals it's actually more often easier with many forums than using prefixes and concentrate the forum.

Also "animal people" more than often tend to lack of computer skills which makes the idea of keeping things simple kind of important. Having just clear forum headlines makes it easier for people with limited skills.

Even so myself would most likely have chosen to use just the main category headlines as forums for initial set up and split them up in to more forums when they've grown real big.

@Lindal_Oronar I really like the idea keep up the good work! :)
@flitigalisa You are absolutely right and very well expressed.
You can not compare a technical forum with a animal forum, we get different kind a users.
But @tajhay I've listened to you and have combined a few forums, thanks for advice :-)

Please give me feedback and suggestions.
You have an inner wrapping element with scroll just shy of being the complete height of the document basically making two scrollbars which can effect certain methods of scrolling and also wastes precious horizontal space.

Attachments

• fout.webp
    fout.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 31
You have an inner wrapping element with scroll just shy of being the complete height of the document basically making two scrollbars which can effect certain methods of scrolling and also wastes precious horizontal space.
Hmmmmm never seen that before, which browser and os do you have?

Then it disappears. With UI.Flex style I don't see any second scrollbar.
Thanks for testing @sbj
@Mike Creuzer i found the issue.
It's the Welcome Block, is have use the Welcome Section as Modal, when i uncheck this the extra scroll bar is disappeared.
How can i fix that?

**Update**
When i disabled Show Welcome Section, it's gone.

Top Bottom